50 standard box car with 8 plug door, no roofwalk
and short ladders is aluminum with orange sides
and runs on Bettendorf trucks. These all-steel insulated boxcars
were built at the Omaha shops and added
to the roster in July 1955. They were equipped with DF loaders
and assigned to series 499000-499099.
Overhauled and repainted in 1968, this car continued to serve
until the late 1980s