heavyweight parlor car is painted Tuscan red with a black roof.
It bears the name Joel Chandler Harris and
the Pullman name, both in buff color. It was built in October
1925, serviced in June 1950, and runs on six-wheel
passenger trucks. The introduction of the steel cars brought the
end of the luxurious, artisan-crafted, and custom designed wooden
cars which had been the rule since the 1880s. With the opening
of the Pennsylvania Station in New York in 1910 and the Grand
Central Terminal in 1913, passenger safety in the tunnels approaching
these buildings demanded a more noncombustible material.