This 40’ USRA steel box car with single door, Murphy roof and cement bag load is painted gray with black ends with red and
white herald, red slogan, and white and black lettering. It was built in 1923 American Car & Foundry and runs on Bettendorf
trucks. Three hundred of these cars were built for Universal Portland Cement Co. A merger of the company in 1931 changed the
name to Universal Atlas Cement Co. who used the reporting marks UACX. At that time, most of the UPCX cars were transferred
to the Northampton & Bath Railroad and remained in cement transport service for decades.