|Both the Troop Sleeper and Kitchen Cars were
painted Western Maryland oxide red with white side and end lettering. Each were
one of 25 purchased by Western Maryland in 1947-48. After having served for the
U.S. military in World War II, WM 3018 and K-3015 were converted to train-wreck
service in January 1952. They were stenciled with the full Western Maryland ‘speed’
lettering paint scheme then placed into maintenance-of-way service, providing
meals and sleeping quarters to workers at wreck sites.