|This 50' troop sleeper is painted
aluminum with black roof, black logo and lettering. It was built
sometime in 1944-1945 by Pullman-Standard, rebuilt in January
1952, and runs on Allied Full Cushion trucks. Western Maryland
purchased a total of 25 troop cars in two batches during 1947
and 1948. 3021 was formerly used as a troop sleeper by the U.S.
military during World War II and was converted to MOW service
in January 1952. Stenciled with the full Western Maryland "speed"
lettering paint scheme over aluminum paint, troop-sleeper 3021
is in Maintenance-of-Way service providing sleeping quarters to
crews at the MOW sites.