This ACF three dome tank car is painted black with red and white
logo and white lettering. It was built in September 1937 and runs
on Bettendorf trucks. Conoco began in 1875 as the Continental
Oil and Transportation Co., one of the first petroleum marketers
in the West. By 1972, Conoco had diversified into coal, chemicals,
plastics, fertilizers and minerals as well as expanding its operations
overseas. On Sept. 30, 1981, Conoco became a wholly owned DuPont
subsidiary. In November 2002, Conoco merged with Phillips Co.
creating the sixth-largest publicly traded oil company in the
world and the third-largest in the United States.