This three dome tank car is painted aluminum
on the upper part of the tank and black on the lower. Lettered in black with Bettendorf
trucks, this tanker was built in January 1932 by American Car & Foundry in
Milton, PA. The vast majority of tankers through the steam era were single-compartment
cars for transporting 6,000 to 10,000 gallons of one commodity. The three-dome
tank cars were designed to carry smaller quantities of multiple products, such
as several grades of motor oil, gasoline or chemicals to be shipped in one car.