39’ single dome tank car is painted yellow and black and rides
on Bettendorf trucks. It was built in 1928 and serviced in 1942
and has 10,000 gallon capacity. From the late 1920s to the 1950s,
SP fleet contained more than one hundred yellow tank cars for
gasoline service. Volume varied from car to car, each of which
was pressure tested and exact road name and number were displayed
on the ends.