33 twin bay hopper with composite sides is painted black
with white lettering. Built by American Car
& Foundry in Huntington ,WV in 1944 it runs on Bettendorf
trucks. A 3000 car fleet was built with steel
braced wood sides saving many pounds of steel per hopper. In
1953 most of these cars were rebuilt into
all steel hoppers, retaining the outside bracings.