50’ gondola with fishbelly sides and drop ends is painted brown
with the black and white Keystone logo and white lettering. It
was built in August 1951 by American Car & Foundry. It runs
the Allegheny District on Bettendorf trucks. This class G31B gondola
built in the summer of ‘51 was typical of ACF gondolas built for
the PRR in that era. The ‘as delivered’ paint scheme boasted the
traditional circle-keystone monogram, but was repainted to the
current shadow-keystone in 1959.