50’ gondola with fishbelly sides and drop ends was built in 1950.
The 154,000 lb capacity gondola is painted green with white markings
and rolls on Barber roller bearing trucks. It is one of a group
of 110 gondolas that Lehigh Valley sold to the United States Railway
Manufacturing Co. in Washington, IN. in February 1970. In an arrangement
between these two entities, USRM reconditioned the cars then leased
them back to LV. Coal was the major source of revenue for Lehigh
Valley, which earned it the nickname, ‘Route of the Black Diamond’.