40í double sheathed wood box car with 1-1/2 door, and vertical
brakewheel is brown with white lettering and runs on Bettendorf
trucks. Built in 1923 by the Mount Vernon Car Manufacturing Company,
this 3666 cubic foot wood sheathed door-and-a-half boxcar belonged
to series 14001-14100. Used for auto parts service until the 1950s,
this carís extra door on each side helped facilitate loading and
unloading bulky components.