40’ double sheathed wood box car with 1-1/2 door, and vertical brakewheel is brown
with white lettering and runs on Bettendorf trucks. Built in 1917 by the Ralston
Steel Car Company, this 3739 cubic foot capacity wood-sheathed door-and-a-half
boxcar had a 10’-6” opening that helped facilitate loading and unloading bulky
auto parts and components. Retired by the 1950s, these cars were replaced by larger
steel side auto parts boxcars.