40 despatch stock car is painted maroon with white lettering
and runs on Bettendorf trucks. Built
by Standard Steel Cars in 1929 and General American in 1930, these
double deck cars were for moving
sheep and hogs. While the single deck cars could also, they were
generally preferred for cattle. These cars
carried the stepped The Milwaukee Road all their lives.