40’ standard box car with single door and no roofwalk is painted
green with white lettering. It was built in June 1945,
serviced in August 1969, and runs on Bettendorf trucks. When the
cars entered service as CB&Q #39675-40634, all were painted
in the pre-merger Cascade Green paint scheme. The plan was to
add the word NORTHERN below the BURLINGTON, but by the time the
merger was consummated, the font had changed to a thinner style,
so these cars never received the full merger name.