40’ standard box car with single door and roofwalk is painted
brown with white logo and lettering on the car. The door is aluminum.
The car was built in June 1947 by Pullman-Standard, serviced in
1966, and runs on Bettendorf trucks. Fifteen cars from this series
were randomly chosen and upgraded for appliance shipping. They
were stenciled left of the door: ‘When empty return to Appliance
Park, KY via reverse route.’ They would load at General Electric’s
Appliance Park in Kentucky for destination throughout the country.