built in the mid-1940s for Union Pacific, this 40’ box car was
later converted in 1952 into an impact instruction car at the
Omaha shops. Serving to illustrate the importance of safe car
handling, this car had a transparent sidewall to show cargo movement,
along with force and speed gauges displayed on the side. Our model
will feature a transparent side and interior load.