first all-steel cabooses built for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad were produced
in 1937 by the Magor Car Corporation in Clifton, N.J. Magor, along with St. Louis
Car Company and ACF, ultimately built a total of 350 cabooses for the C&O
using a similar design. The last were produced in 1949. Through subsequent rebuilding
and modernization, many remained in service through the end of regular caboose
usage in the 1980s. Cabooses of a similar design were also built for Pere Marquette,
Missouri Pacific and Chicago & Eastern Illinois.
molded body detail
with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
below items are SOLD OUT. They are listed here for historical reference only.