39’ single dome tank car is painted black with white ‘CONOCO’
herald and white lettering. It was built in May
1925, serviced in March 1937, and runs on Diamond Arch Bar trucks.
Conoco began in 1875 as the Continental Oil
and Transportation Co., one of the first petroleum marketers in
the West. By 1972, Conoco had diversified into coal,
chemicals, plastics, fertilizers and minerals as well as expanding
its operations overseas, growing from a small regional
oil company into an integrated, worldwide enterprise. In November
2001, Conoco agreed to merge with Phillips Co.,
creating the sixth-largest publicly traded oil company in the
world and the third-largest in the United States.