40’ standard box car with single sliding Superior door and roowalk
is painted black with white logo and lettering. It
was built in June 1952 by Pullman Standard, serviced in December
1961, and runs on Bettendorf trucks. #18719 was
from the second part of a 1,000-car order delivered to the C&O.
In 1961, at the Wyoming Shops in Grand Rapids, MI, C&O painted
this box car in a black scheme indicating it was used for specialized
service or was specially equipped inside.